History of Landscape Painting
Landscape painting has been around for over 500 years. It is painting the natural scenery which may capture mountains, valleys, bodies of water, fields, forests and coasts.
Modern artist Wolf Kahn is well known as a Color Field painter and a landscape artist. He has combined both interests in many of his versions of landscape paintings. Khan loved to experiment with colors and how they play with each other in a painting.
- It’s time for you to choose your favourite landscape, whether it be a farm, house, rainforest, amazon jungle, lake, river or Fortnite Map!
- You will be recreating this landscape using the materials in your Kit!
- Using a page from sketchpad and coloured pencils/Drawing set/Textas begin by drawing the outlines of the main objects in your landscape.
- Use your coloured pencils/Drawing set/Textas to draw the main outline of the trees, houses, mountains, river etc.
- You can easily erase any lines that you think are out of place
- After you have drawn the main objects crack open your painting materials as you will be painting the white parts of the art work
- Use a mixture of paint brushes to utilise different strokes and paint brush sizes
- Once completed hang your painting out to dry in a safe place
- There is a step-by-step visual guide on how to create a landscape and many examples in the next pages
- Don’t stop with the creativity, I have also shared some links on different activities to complete
Examples of Landscapes
Some links to create more projects.
- Watch this link and try it out yourself with your Crayons/Oil Pastels. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIpdQvSpPwo
Practice your painting
- Practice your painting with the Artist Colouring Book in your pack
- Try your best to paint within the lines.